Wednesday, September 22, 2004

End of tournament - Upset me

Last thursday was our final match in the basketball tournament. I must note that it is our last game, not the last game of the tournament. Only top team of each group can go to deeper round.

Our last game was like a happy end for what we hoped. The opponent team lost some important players because of injury. We also lost our most valuable palyer, some others are not in good status., including me. I am just kind of person who always try to go against the crowd. That was not a difficult game. We led the game from the start and kept high speed. We still had many easy lost of score because of easy defence. However, we did good offence with some fast break. It is not what the coach want. Ahh, if he was there, he would not let us make any fast break. It was fun, interesting. We played quite friendly and as the result, more beautiful scores.

However, the problem is me, myself. I start the game by siting outside, cheer and laugh. I even do not think of get in and play. I didn't know why but it seemed I felt no enthusiasm for this game. "Such an easy friendly game" was my thought, may be. And it is such a very bad habit I have. I did not feel like I was playing. I was good at enjoy whatching it. That's why I played like shit in the game. 3 times I couldn't the ball in fast break. Even when I was stading waiting for my friend's pass. for once, it was quite dark but if i paid more attention then the case could be better. You might not know that, in a 40 minutes game, chance for you to play is small (if you are not the only star in the team), chance for you to have the ball in your hand is smaller and chance for you to make a shoot or lay up is much smaller (normally you pass to your teammate). So losing the ball 3 times is unacceptable. If my old friend knew this, he could laugh at me. Damn. My defence is dtill ok. I am always better at defending. I was not useless since I have some assists. Alright, that is, we won by 2 points.

The last minute was so exiting when we were leading by 2 points and the opponent team having the ball. We made a foul and they had 2 free throws. Wao, thanks to our supporters. They shouted, used any materials to make sound to disturb the opponent players. We did not have lot of supporters but they were so great. Funniest thing was the opponent player failed both shoots. then immediately we made another foul and they had another 2 free throws. A small game of 2 losers became so exiting. Like a triller movie. when we think it is over, it is not. happily we lstly won the match.

Last friday was the ending ceremony of the tournament. We, amazingly, got a Best Performance Award, a small prize for one of the losers. We now have something to tell to the university, who lately have help us, that we have done somthing.

End of a story is begin of another story, I met an old friend, who is playing for BachKhoa team. On November, we are invited to join BachKhoa tournament. Although it may not be a good tournament as some guys said, it is good for new team like us. The future is in my hand, not my foot, damn, my foot can never be fine. I must come to doctor once more time to know what can I do with it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home